I have set a plan for the years sewing, my hope is to be more organized and complete my projects in a timely manner. Many of these garments have been on my to sew list for a long time. Some are UFO’s, which I would really like to finish.
- Lingerie Set- self drafted pattern (already started on these) using this pattern I drafted in August of 2013
- Wool Jersey Dress-pattern to be self drafted
- Boyfriend Jeans- pattern to be self drafted
- Silk Shirt- need to find a pattern for this *update, this top from Oliver and S
- Blue Floral Rayon Shirt- a UFO from last September, all that remains is the neckband and hem, vintage pattern
- Pink Knit Cowl Top- Vogue 1261
- Peach Chiffon Dress- New Look 6282
- Blue Rayon Maxi Dress- Simplicity 3745, lengthened
- Striped T-Shirt- Deer and Doe free plantain top, modified
- Jean Skirt-using this tutorial
- Tye Dye Tank Top-pattern to be self drafted
- Tile Print Pencil Skirt- Burda Jenny Skirt
- Yellow Eyelet Sundress- a UFO from two summers ago, need to figure out the bust fit on this one
- Gingham Swimsuit- pattern to be self drafted
- Polka Dot Rayon Dress- UfO from this contest, pattern self drafted
- Summer PJs- pattern TBD, perhaps use this Jane Pattern
- Orange Rayon Dress- UFO from this contest, self drafted pattern
- Plaid Wool Challis Dress- self drafted pattern
- Plaid Button Down- Grainline Archer
- Purple Rayon Top- UFO from last Sept.
- Navy Lopi Sweater- using this free pattern
- Scarf UFO- inspired by this post
Whew that is a lot of sewing and a bit of knitting next winter too. I think it is manageable though. Just a few each month, and many are partially done already. My sewing goals this year are to finish all of my UFOs!..and to draft some new patterns for jeans, a swimsuit, a top and a dress. I am going to be a busy bee this year 🙂
Up next in the sewing room. A self- drafted tunic top. Using rayon in a deep purple color. The blouse will be collarless, with a neckband instead, loose fitting and long, with a three quarter sleeve and curved hem. This is a transitional piece for summer/fall.
So far the front and back are drafted and cut, had to fiddle with the neckband and front placket a bit. Next up drafting sleeves. Still working on how to get a good sleeve, thought I might try this technique
. Looks like it will be a good method for getting the right fit. Also, this video
for the actual drafting.
Just a collection of fashion images from around the web to help me plan my spring and summer wardrobe and sewing plans.
I like to do this to help keep me on track and to quickly recall outfits and items I loved. I find that I am easily distracted when shopping or planning and need a way to focus on what I really want to buy and to sew.
How do you plan your wardrobe purchases and sewing plans?
I just joined this sewalong. I have been working on a pinterest reference board here for sewing a Chanel type jacket.I have my fabric- a beautiful black boucle fabric with a lovely silk charmuse lining- also black. I still need buttons, and trim. I am thinking about making my own braided trim. The jacket I am using for inspiration is the one above on the bottom right .
I joined Pattern Review’s mini wardrobe contest. Here is my storyboard
I am currently sewing the jacket.
The pattern I am using is this one- (see this
post for my planning board).
I am getting a good fit. it may be a candidate for the Chanel type jacket which I will sew next month after the contest ends
Here’s my visual list of inspiration garments to sew this fall/winter. Pretty ambitious I know. Well I find this format allows me to remember and reference my goals, hopefully increasing the possiblity of actually finishing them! Some of these are already in progress, like the scarf and bag. Most all I have fabric for.