This is my newest creation a gorgeous wrap dress in cornflower blue jersey. I was a pattern tester for the curvy version of the Diana Wrap Dress from Wardrobe By Me. I am so pleased with how it came out. I made no changes to the pattern, this is a straight size 16. Pretty great fit, don’t you think! I used a cotton/poly jersey with 4 way stretch. The original pattern came in size 0-16 and the new curvy version comes in 14-24.
Conclusion, this is a great pattern!! I’ve already got several other versions planned. If you would like the pattern, it’s on sale this week at Wardrobe By Me,using this codeRMD2AL27L8JZ, thank you to Christina!
This post is overdue, but I completed my spring wardrobe. I made 4 tops, 3 skirts a dress, jeans and a cardigan. The wardrobe is mix and match, so it’s very versatile.
My Breton top with a knit pencil skirt.
Top- Simplicity 8054
Skirt- Simplicity 1072
A denim skirt with lace top.
Top- Gertie’s Portrait Neck Blouse
Skirt – New Look 6030
Self drafted blue dolman with self drafted jeans.
A silk tank and floral skirt.
Tank- Cali Faye
Skirt – Itch to Stitch
Cardigan and dress.
Cardigan- Swoon Patterns
With these 10 pieces I can create something like 34 outfits. I am pleased with how these came out and excited that it is warm enough to wear them now! I entered these pieces in the wardrobe contest on pattern review. I didn’t win but I feel like a winner since I have this lovely new wardrobe! Thanks for stopping by to read about my sewing adventures.
So I finished my dress and got a chance to wear it yesterday. I am pleased with it but may tweak it a little before I consider it done. I had fun sewing this on my new serger. Woah, I should have bought one years ago, what a huge time saver. It makes sewing knits soo much easier. I only used my regular machine for the hems and the basted gathering stitches.
The pattern is M 9116 which is a reissue of Butterick 5870. Here’s a shot of the pattern envelope
I made view A.
Sewed a size 12 with a FBA.
I lengthen the front and back bodice by 1″, I think I may serge this off as the waistline seems a little low on me.
I used the straight hem skirt from view B, omitting the high low of view A
Sewed the hems using a twin needle and wooly nylon in the bobbin which helps keep them stretchy.
I love it. If I make it again I might raise the neckline, it’s a little low.
First I looked at the sizing and decided to make the size 16 US to accommodate my 42.5″ bust measurement. Well, it fit great in the front bust and waist, and terrible everywhere else, I had 3″ of neck gapage and needed to take in about 3″ at the center back.
So I started hunting around the web and found out others had this problem as well. Enter the awesome and super helpful post Anna Dress FBA how to, on the blog Another Little Crafty Creation. Well I followed her instructions and I ended up using the size 10 US as my base size and adding a 3.5″ FBA. It isn’t pretty but its looking much more promising. I plan to make another muslin using my newly drafted pattern tonight. I will post updates when its done.
I have set a plan for the years sewing, my hope is to be more organized and complete my projects in a timely manner. Many of these garments have been on my to sew list for a long time. Some are UFO’s, which I would really like to finish.
Lingerie Set- self drafted pattern (already started on these) using this pattern I drafted in August of 2013
Whew that is a lot of sewing and a bit of knitting next winter too. I think it is manageable though. Just a few each month, and many are partially done already. My sewing goals this year are to finish all of my UFOs!..and to draft some new patterns for jeans, a swimsuit, a top and a dress. I am going to be a busy bee this year 🙂
So I am taking a break from the purple blouse to make some dresses for a contest at pattern review. The contest is one pattern many looks. I plan to make four dresses. I am almost done with the green daisy one. It’s not exactly like the modcloth dress, its definitely inspired by it though. I am using the vintage pattern shown in the photo above, it is Mcalls 8249, from the 1950’s.