So I finished my dress and got a chance to wear it yesterday. I am pleased with it but may tweak it a little before I consider it done. I had fun sewing this on my new serger. Woah, I should have bought one years ago, what a huge time saver. It makes sewing knits soo much easier. I only used my regular machine for the hems and the basted gathering stitches.
The pattern is M 9116 which is a reissue of Butterick 5870. Here’s a shot of the pattern envelope
I made view A.
Sewed a size 12 with a FBA.
I lengthen the front and back bodice by 1″, I think I may serge this off as the waistline seems a little low on me.
I used the straight hem skirt from view B, omitting the high low of view A
Sewed the hems using a twin needle and wooly nylon in the bobbin which helps keep them stretchy.
I love it. If I make it again I might raise the neckline, it’s a little low.