First I looked at the sizing and decided to make the size 16 US to accommodate my 42.5″ bust measurement. Well, it fit great in the front bust and waist, and terrible everywhere else, I had 3″ of neck gapage and needed to take in about 3″ at the center back.
So I started hunting around the web and found out others had this problem as well. Enter the awesome and super helpful post Anna Dress FBA how to, on the blog Another Little Crafty Creation. Well I followed her instructions and I ended up using the size 10 US as my base size and adding a 3.5″ FBA. It isn’t pretty but its looking much more promising. I plan to make another muslin using my newly drafted pattern tonight. I will post updates when its done.