Finished Top

blousefront blouseside

Well its finished and I am happy!  I love my new shirt, I worked hard to make it beautiful inside and out.  It’s my new favorite!  I entered it into the sewing bee contest at pattern review.  Hope I make it to the next round but the competition is tough.  So many awesome entries and great seamstresses that entered.

You can read my review and all about it here 

Pattern is a heavily modified version of Simplicity 1538

I finished all the seams with a rayon seam binding

PicsArt_1441640092267

Details of the interior of the shirt.

Made my first sleeve placket and it came out well.

PicsArt_1441636870788

Pretty dang proud of that sleeve placket. I used the instructions I found here and they were easy and gave great results!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s