This is the first item in my sewing plan. I made this set for Valentine’s day. Just getting around to posting it now. I am very happy with the finished result. I used this pattern that I drafted I 2013. I used a knit fabric this time and I like the fit better, I also added a 1/2″ band to the bottom of the bralette and I find that it fits better with that addition. For some variety I drafted in some lace panels on the bottoms and a center lace panel on the top. I like this style change. I have fabric for another set and am looking forward to more pattern manipulations for another variation. I also sewed in thin padded cup lining in the bralet, they were the kind marketed for swimsuit cups, I had to trim them down to fit into my pattern. They are zig zagged to the inner lining. They provide a degree of shaping and some support. for a good tutorial on how to do this look here. Although I did not use her pattern the technique I used was very similar. If you are looking for more lingerie sewing helps check out this pinterest board of mine for lots of great sites and even some free patterns from around the web.
I got this wonderful fabric from Girl Charlee Fabrics, which I recommend, for both the high quality of their knit fabrics and really decent prices, as well as super fast shipping. Woo Hoo, love a good experience like that. All elastics came from Sew Sassy Fabrics, another great resource for sewing lingerie. The red stretch lace came from my stash.
The Colleterie has a new online magazine called Seamwork which featured several articles about sewing lingerie this month. There are also some lingerie sewing articles and resources on the blog, including an article on sewing adjustable bra straps.