Red Floral Sundress- I sewed something!!

P1010114

I made a summer dress!!  Yay for me to actually finish one of my UFO’s.  This was from last summers plan.  Based on a dress from my May Projects post.  The original dress was from Urban Outfitters by Sparkle and Fade.  I found this great rayon fabric at Joann’s.  It was labeled Carole Anderson in the selvage, so I guess its “designer” fabric.  Cool.  Well I love the color and drape (please excuse the wrinkles, I will iron it before it gets worn again).   The pattern is  Simplicity 2745  
which I have made before.  This pattern may become a TNT for me.  I am thinking about re-drafting the bodice to accommodate a set in sleeve.  It’s a great pattern, I love the fit of the bodice.  I have been wearing it and enjoying it.  I think I need to take in the back at the zipper though, its a bit loose.

Some construction notes:

  • omitted the under-bust overlay and converted it to an actual band
  • Invisible zipper used
  • Made a baby hem
  • Made a FBA (full bust adjustment) on the front bodice

Here’s a detail of the bodice

P1010112

 

Advertisements

One thought on “Red Floral Sundress- I sewed something!!

  1. I just started a blog and it would mean so much if you could check out my site! Followed btw xx that dress is gorgeous holy moly

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s