By Hand London Anna in Progress and Fall Sewing

While I wait for my fabric to make this dress and for my pattern to make this skirt, I started a By Hand London Anna dress.2015-10-10 17.58.37

First I looked at the sizing and decided to make the size 16 US to accommodate my 42.5″ bust measurement.  Well, it fit great in the front bust and waist, and terrible everywhere else, I had 3″ of neck gapage and needed to take in about 3″ at the center back.  20151010_175603

So I started hunting around the web and found out others had this problem as well.  Enter the awesome and super helpful post Anna Dress FBA how to, on the blog Another Little Crafty Creation.  Well I followed her instructions and I ended up using the size 10 US as my base size and adding a 3.5″ FBA.  It isn’t pretty but its looking much more promising. I plan to make another muslin using my newly drafted pattern tonight.  I will post updates when its done.1444528025569

Finished Top

blousefront blouseside

Well its finished and I am happy!  I love my new shirt, I worked hard to make it beautiful inside and out.  It’s my new favorite!  I entered it into the sewing bee contest at pattern review.  Hope I make it to the next round but the competition is tough.  So many awesome entries and great seamstresses that entered.

You can read my review and all about it here 

Pattern is a heavily modified version of Simplicity 1538

I finished all the seams with a rayon seam binding


Details of the interior of the shirt.

Made my first sleeve placket and it came out well.


Pretty dang proud of that sleeve placket. I used the instructions I found here and they were easy and gave great results!